Wood Engraving HILARY PAYNTER'Marsden Rock' Signed Framed. (Railway Art)
Wood Engraving by HILARY PAYNTER, PPRE (Born 1943). Numbered from the edition of just 50. This engraving was one of a series of 13 themed blocks'From the Rivers to the Sea' commissioned by Nexus (the Tyne & Wear Transport company) to mark Thomas Bewick's 250th Anniversary in 2003. The blocks were printed, p.
Hotographically enlarged then Silk Screen printed onto enamelled panels, each 2 meters tall they stretched 22 meters around the Metro platforms at Newcastle Central Station. In 2016 it was re-positioned above a busy staircase leading from the mainline station to the Metro, still prominent, but more difficult to discover the finer details as intended.
The detail in the top left of'Marsden Rock' is an aerial view of Sunderland Harbour - the artist booked a flying lesson to get an overview of the entire area. More information and other examples of her work can be seen on the artist's website, via the RE, SWE or varous galleries.
I also have other works by the artist and her contemporaries - please see my other items. Probably the original frame and mount. Mount looks to be of conservation quality. Frame has a few minor blemishes. Plate 7 1/3" x 9 5/8". Frame 15 3/4" x 17 3/8".
This item is in the category "Art\Art Prints". The seller is "thepicturepost" and is located in this country: GB.
This item can be shipped to United Kingdom.
- Size: Small
- Region of Origin: United Kingdom
- Handmade: Yes
- Artist: Hilary Paynter
- Production Technique: Wood Engraving
- Framing: Mounted & Framed
- Country/Region of Manufacture: United Kingdom
- Style: Contemporary Art
- Item Height: 18.5 cm
- Item Width: 24.5 cm
- Material: Paper
- Unit Quantity: Single item
- Theme: Coastline
- Time Period Produced: 2000-2009
- Type: Print
- Title: Maesden Rock
- Features: Glazed, Framed, Matted, Signed
- Image Orientation: Landscape
- Subject: Geology
- Certificate of Authenticity (COA): No
- Culture: British
- Item Length: 24.5 cm
- Unit Type: Unit
- Signed: Yes
- Signed By: Hilary Paynter
- Original/Licensed Reprint: Original
- Year of Production: 2003
- Unit of Sale: Single Piece
- Listed By: Dealer or Reseller
- Originality: Limited Edition Print
- Colour: Black
- Print Surface: Paper
- Listed by Self-Representing Artist?: No
- Date of Creation: Contemporary (1980-Now)